We are seeking a dedicated tax professional to join our team as a senior. We expect our seniors to exhibit excellent technical skills and the ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- 4+ years experience in a public accounting firm
- Can manage multiple-high demand projects at once while completing each client’s engagement within budget
- Excellent technical skills across a broad range of accounting and tax issues
- The capability to supervise one or more staff assistants as necessary
- Top-notch professionalism both with staff and with clients in high pressure situations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, QuickBooks and Accounting software
- Utilizing your technical knowledge and skills to submit self-reviewed work which requires few changes to be made by the manager
- Scheduling projects/engagements based on priorities, due dates, etc. and completing them in a timely manner, avoiding last-minute rush jobs
- Overseeing, supervising, and monitoring the work of the staff assistants on your team by providing on-the-job training and feedback on their work, as well as ensuring that each project is completed accurately and within budget
- Controlling the field work on engagements, making sure that it gets done correctly, within budget and on time. This begins with planning the engagements, writing the engagement letter and establishing a detailed budget, and ends with the completion of the work papers and final product, with possible involvement in drafting the bill.
- Developing meaningful contact with clients and gaining their confidence
- Participating in the firm’s business development activities by identifying leads for managers and partners to close pursue
- Identifying expanded service opportunities for existing clients and actively participating in networking, such as with community and professional organizations
- Adhering to and communicating firm policies and procedures
- Performing other job-related duties as required