As a Manager, the candidate will oversee operations of the Illinois office. The candidate needs to possess strong leadership qualities and play a key role in implementing the vision and best practices of the firm at large.
- 8-10 years’ experience in a public accounting firm.
- Can manage multiple-high demand projects at once.
- Excellent technical skills across a broad range of accounting and tax issues.
- The capability to develop a team.
- Top-notch professionalism both with staff and with clients in high pressure situations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, QuickBooks, and Accounting software.
- The ability and skills to develop new business
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Organizing and coordinating office administration and procedures, to ensure organizational effectiveness.
- Streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, office staff supervision and task delegation.
- Utilizing your technical knowledge and skills to submit reviewed work to partners with the expectation that minimal or no changes will be required.
- Supports a collaborative and team-oriented environment while pushing themselves, their peers and their team for strong results and quality work.
- Responsible for all engagement management including fee quoting, engagement planning, staffing, engagement letters and budget approval.
- Overseeing, supervising, and monitoring the work of your team by providing on-the-job training and feedback on their work, as well as ensuring that each project is completed accurately and within budget.
- Identifies areas of risk on an engagement; develops and enacts plans to manage those risks.
- Developing meaningful contact with clients and gaining their confidence.
- Actively develops a network of prospective clients and collaborates internally to work those leads.
- Effectively communicates all aspects of work performed to clients, partners, managers, and staff.
- Supervises and develops staff.
- Identifying expanded service opportunities for existing clients and actively participating in networking, such as with community and professional organizations.
- Performing other job-related duties as required.