Audit Senior, Chicago, IL
We are seeking a dedicated audit senior to join our team. We expect our seniors to exhibit excellent technical skills and the ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- 4+ years’ experience in public accounting firm
- Accounting Degree Required
- Experience in MD&A, footnote disclosures, and RSI and SI
- The capability to supervise one or more staff members
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the following technical skills:
- U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards
- Generally Accepted Auditing Standards
- Uniform Guidance
- State rules and regulations
- Top-notch professionalism with staff and clients
- Strong background and experience with audit methodologies and techniques, including risk assessment, determining procedures to arrive at a desired level of assurance, and evaluating evidence
- Proficiency in preparing and reviewing financial statements
- Ability to resolve complex accounting issues
- Leading audits/examinations of state and local government agencies, non-profit organizations, and universities, and ensuring adherence to general accounting grant compliance requirements and organizations’ policies and procedures.
- Acting as a consultant, preparing financial statements (including MD&A, footnote disclosures, RSI and SI) in accordance with accepted accounting principles in the United States, and preparing/reviewing audit schedules for regional offices of education.
- Maintaining and building client relationships.
- Discussing complex accounting standards with the engagement team and client management.
- Identifying audit issues and root causes, and recommending improved internal controls and business processes.
- Ensuring the quality of audit reports and other deliverables, including planning documents, tax returns and other statutory requirements, audit deliverables, reports to management, and engagement correspondences.
- Leading teams independently while supervising the auditing procedures of the staff assigned to engagement and reviewing working papers and files for accuracy.
- Identifying developmental needs of staff assigned to engagement and developing suggestions to address those needs. Acting as mentor to team members on engagement and providing on-the-job training.
- Developing budgets, assigning responsibility and delegating authority for assigned engagements.
- Leading status meetings.