We are seeking a dedicated audit professional to join our team as an associate. We expect our associates to exhibit excellent technical skills and the ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- 2+ years experience in a public accounting firm
- the ability to manage multiple high-demand projects at once, while completing each client’s engagement within budget
- excellent technical skills across a broad range of accounting and audit issues
- top-notch professionalism in high-pressure situations, both with staff and with clients
- proficiency in Microsoft Excel, QuickBooks and Accounting software
- Utilizing technical knowledge and skills to submit self-reviewed work, requiring few changes to be made by the manager
- Scheduling projects/engagements based on priorities, due dates, etc. and completing them in a timely manner
- Controlling the field work on engagements, ensuring they are done accurately, within budget and on time. This begins with planning the engagements, writing the engagement letter and establishing a detailed budget, and ends with the completion of the work papers and final product, with possible involvement in drafting the bill.
- Communicating the status of their work to their team and providing clear and timely instruction, leading to efficient production and limiting the need for rework
- Developing meaningful contact with clients and gaining their confidence
- Participating in the firm’s business development activities by identifying leads for managers and partners to pursue
- Understanding and applying GAAP and principles of internal accounting control
- Identifying expanded service opportunities for existing clients and actively participating in networking, such as with community and professional organizations
- Adhering to and communicating firm policies and procedures
- Performing other job-related duties as required